Monday, February 9, 2015

Rubbish Tuesday #38

Below is grandson's Hohner, given to him by his paternal grandfather, who is of German descent.
Hohner is a German company specializing in the manufacture of musical instruments. The company was founded in 1857 by Matthias Hohner (1833-1902). Hohner is identified especially with harmonicas and accordions. The Hohner company has invented and produced many different styles, and most of the harmonicas used by professionals. The company also makes kazoos, recorder flutes, melodicas, banjos, guitars, bass guitars, and ukeleles (under the brand name Lanikai). From the 1940s through 1990s, the company also manufactured various electric/electronic keyboards.

~Courtesy of Wikipedia


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you will join in the fun.

My idea was to have a place to post 'old things'. Anything old
and/or deteriorating such as, but not limited to, old houses, barns, outbuildings, old cars, rusty things, antiques, interesting junk, or it can be something in pristine condition, but just old. 

 
1. Link to a post featuring photos of something old.
2. Link back to Rubbish by Roan in your post.
3. As time allows, visit other participants and comment on their posts.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



28 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

That is beautiful! What a wonderful heirloom that is. I have a post in draft about an old accordion my son found for me. I'll have to dig through the files and find it now. :-) Thanks for the linky. Hope you have a great week.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Wow- what a super family heirloom!

LV said...

How interesting. Never heard of it. Glad you have it in the family to keep.

Linda Kay said...

Roan, my musician nephew plays harmonica with his guitar sometimes. This picture....beautiful instrument, and a treasure.

Nonnie said...

what a wonderful treasure!

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Lovely accordian - the colors are still so bright.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Is he taking lessons? Phil did, and he plays at church now. I will have to see if his accordion is this brand. I have never seen one looking like this, pretty and fancy.

Tanya Breese said...

i've never heard of it before but what a wonderful keepsake!

Tanya Breese said...

i've never heard of it before but what a wonderful keepsake!

TexWisGirl said...

very cool.

Mascha said...

A very nice accordion (that was my wish in childhood too)! We here in Germany know Hohner, of course.
Have a great week

Rose said...

That is a beauty!Can he play it?

Anonymous said...

Beautiful musical instrument with an important family connection. A great memory!

Halcyon said...

While I appreciate the history, I typically do not appreciate accordion music. :)

Sarah said...

How amazing, what a wonderful thing to have. My niece has recently taken up the Bassoon, not quite as unusual as this but still an instrument you rarely hear about.

Liz Needle said...

What a beautiful instrument. it is a work of art in itself.

Karen said...

What a great memory! Many of my family's friends and family played the accordion. Wow, so many fun memories.

21 Wits said...

What a marvelous family treasure it is! I'm linking with you again, this is beginning to grow on me! LOL

Bethany Carson said...

Love the button box! What a lovely treasure to have in your family! A kind elderly gentleman gave my brother one--and my a keyboard accordion to me and each of my sisters, so we learned to play!

Stephanie said...

Lovely piece!

Powell River Books said...

Sorry I missed the link up. I'll try again next week. - Margy

Maude Lynn said...

How cool!

Mascha said...

Hope, you are okay now?
Best wishes -

Pblacksaw said...

hi.. I am undoubtedly either too late or too soon.. either way I will leave the link on my page so that others may find you here.. Have a great day..

Tanya Breese said...

i hope you are ok!

Thistle Cove Farm said...

How wonderful and reminds me, I've got my Grandmothers old Hohner mouth organ and need to spend some time learning how to play it.

Rose said...

I hope nothing is wrong in your world...I keep checking and no post. I first assumed you were just really busy, but thought I would post a comment to see.

sonia a. mascaro said...

Wow! Just beautiful!