Sunday, November 16, 2014

Hey Bird - Dog

I took my lunch out to the Rez one sunny day right before Halloween. October 24th to be exact. It was a gorgeous 70 degree day. Last night we had our first dusting of snow and it is now 30 degrees.

I only had my little point and shoot with me when I saw this Kingfisher land in a tree over at the Rez. Bad shot, but hey, it's a bird. I have so few opportunities these days.



This was the view from my picnic table. The Kingfisher was in that tree to the right of the red one. I thought the old point and shoot did pretty good from that distance.


And last, but not least, a Fergus and Findley update. They wore each other out by 5:00 p.m. Fergus was always so good as a puppy. He never went into areas he knew he shouldn't. Findley is not Fergus! While I was unloading the dishwasher, the Findley found one of JD's slippers and was having a chew in the middle of the living room. Bad pup! But I had to laugh.


Later, I wasn't laughing quite as much. :)

Linking to the Bird D'pot

7 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

oh, yes. there's a new pup in town! :)

i broke a pup from chewing on shoes, once, by tying a boot around his neck and making him haul it around the house for a while. never touched boots or shoes again.

Brian King said...

That's what my attempts at photographing Kingfishers looked like - and I was using my longest lens. I've never scored a good shot of one of those buggers. Beautiful colors in the trees!

EG CameraGirl said...

UH OH! I bet JD wasn't laughing! Fergus and Findley are adorable together.

Anonymous said...

Rez? Do you have a reservation near you? I didn't think any were left in Illinois! Let me know!
Oh Findley is a little character! ~xo~

Anni said...

What a surprise!! A NICE surprise to see you ...it's been too long. But, I know you're busy as a one armed paper hanger.

LOVE the scenes you showed. And the belted kingfisher is a great photo I think. They're kinda elusive...at least for me....

Loved seeing Findley too. He's adorable. Ya, laugh...why not?!! He's just a puppy.

Again, it's really good to see you pay me a visit. You've been missed. And thanks for sharing the link today at I'd Rather B Birdin'

Stephanie said...

That is a pretty good shot of the Kingfisher. Sometimes those point and shoot cameras can take great shots. Love the update on the pup and your dog. Too bad on the slipper.

A Colorful World said...

I'm worried to death when I leave the house without my camera...have been known to have it around my neck while grocery shopping in case there's something to shoot in the parking lot! It's too big and bulky to do that with, but except for our phones, we don't have anything smaller...But I never think about using my phone. DUH! :-) The kingfisher adds a lovely blue to the scene! They are such pretty birds! Love the photos of the pups too. I'd love to have a puppy! Just don't want to go through house training again. :-) It's like having a new baby. :-)