Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Cheesecake Anyone?

I've been working on making a family cookbook. I'm titling it Such as It Is. My grandma always used to say, "Dinner's ready, such as it is." I don't really know why. I guess she was being humble. She shouldn't have been, she was a wonderful cook. Of course, the tradition followed and my mom said 'such as it is', too. Now guess who says it? Yep, me. And I still don't know why. It's our thing. So while trying to come up with a title, this seemed appropriate.

I'm trying to take some pictures so it won't be a boring cookbook.

Cheesecake anyone?
Linking to Our World Tuesday

14 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

Oh my goodness, but that looks ever so luscious!!! And I do hafta say, the title of the cookbook is right on perfect!!! What a reference and memory. Are you gonna publish this for your family then?

Elaine said...

Oh, yes please! A slice of your cheesecake, such as it is, would go down a treat. I love the idea of the family cookbook- they are a passion of mine, I have some pretty old ones which I treasure. Such a shame I don't enjoy cooking. ;)

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

What a fun idea! Oh yes on the cheesecake. One of my favorite desserts!

TexWisGirl said...

that looks delicious! i love the title of your cookbook and the reason for it. :)

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh. I could take a fork and eat that right off the computer screen. YUMMY!!!

Unknown said...

Mmm, looks yummy. I'm sure it would taste as good as the photo.

Molly the Airedale said...

We are on our way, BJ! Please save us some!

Love ya lots♥j
Mitch and Molly

The Artful Diva said...

I have a large slice, please!

Elizabeth Edwards said...

do you even have to ask? ???! i think not.

yes, please. & thanks!! ( :

Jill Harrison said...

the cheesecake looks yummy. Well done you for making a cookbook - to pass on to your family? Interesting isn't it how we pick up sayings from our mothers.
Have a wonderful week and thank you for stopping by my blog this week.

Laura said...

great close up… looks delicious!

Stephanie said...

Looks scrumptious!

Barb said...

Luscious looking - I can almost taste it! I like that you're using a phrase handed down by your grandmother.

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

Yes please!!! I love cheesecake. Making a recipe book is a great idea.