Friday, August 30, 2013

Friday Fence and Some News

One of my aunts invited us over for pizza and a bonfire last weekend. I found this little fellow peeking at us through the fence. He wanted a carrot, but alas I didn't know to bring one.
 Some of you, not many, may have noticed I haven't been blogging like I used to. Once a daily poster, I am now down to every now and then.  Well, here is one of the reasons why.

I have a story published in this book. The acceptance letter gave me a much needed kick start. I sometimes get lazy writing...tire of rejection...so go off into my other world of taking pictures. Since I received this news, I am back working on my tween series and writing more short stories.

The release date is September10th, so feel free to stop by your local bookstore and pick up a copy. My story is titled, Fountain of Youth and written by Betty J. Roan. That's me. I'll be posting about this again, I'm sure.

Have a great weekend!
Linking to Friday Fences

7 comments:

Jan n Jer said...

Congratulations...will have to check out the book! I do miss your posts!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Nothing beats the thrill of seeing your own words in print. My second novel is coming out next month, and even though it's self-published, it's still a thrill.

TexWisGirl said...

awesome! congratulations to you, betty!

love the little lost donkey in those high weeds!

Elizabeth Edwards said...

Congrats!!! would love 2 hear more about ur book! so fun!! ( :

Anonymous said...

Cute little donkey peering at you.
Congrats on getting your story published!

Brian King said...

Little donkey needs the weeds cut so he can see! LOL!

Congratulations on your story!

Nancy said...

That's wonderful Betty~